Recipe by @claire.aucella
- 1 cup of salad greens or arugula
- 1 apple, cored and cubed
- ¼ cup of dried cranberries
- ¼ cup of hazelnuts, chopped coarsely
- 1 tsp balsamic vinegar
- 1 tsp of extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ tsp of Maldon (or any) salt
- Add the hazelnuts to a small saute pan, and put the pan on the stove over medium-low heat. Toss or stir the hazelnuts constantly until golden brown and fragrant, about 5 minutes. Remove from heat and allow to cool fully, about 5 minutes. Roughly chop until most hazelnuts are in about halves or quarters. Set aside.
- Cut the apple in half, and then in half again. Use either your knife or an apple corer to remove the core and seeds of the apple, discard. Chop the quarters in half (lengthwise) and then into bite-sized cubes (cross-wise). Set aside.
- On a large plate or bowl, arrange the salad greens into a single layer. Top with apple cubes, dried cranberries, and toasted and chopped hazelnuts.
- Drizzle the salad with the balsamic vinegar and extra virgin olive oil. Sprinkle with Maldon (or any type) of salt.